Merry Festive Season! When the weather heats up, it’s time for us to get a bit ‘chilled’. To escape my computer I chill by the beach in December each year – I’m currently praying for fine weather… Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope you get a bit of chill-time too, with family or friends.
As always, it’s been a busy year! This year we’ve seen clients winning $300K-$450K+ grants for service delivery and program expansion; $50k-$100K-$150K grants for golf course irrigation, sports field fencing and various other clubhouse and infrastructure improvements. We’ve helped secure $100K-200K grants for entrepreneurial business development, including one that’s still ‘secret-squirrel’ until the Minister announces it, so shhhhh!
While the BIG grants are great, the little ones are sweet too! We’ve had tonnes of little wins up to $40k for equipment, security systems, machinery, a large animal transporter; program delivery; signage; fundraising & promotion items; shade; school programs; clubhouse maintenance; solar, and so on.
The great thing about what we do, of course, is that we get to learn so many new things. Top of my list this year has been learning about the complexities of things like major irrigation, drone technology, international freight systems and equine therapy. We don’t need to be experts in what you do, in order to help you – we just need to help you tell your story. BUT, while we’re teasing out the important points for your application, we’re finding out about all sorts of cool stuff!
What’s New – Coaching and Awards
Capacity building has always been part of what we do – so in 2022 we formally integrated a coaching program into our services. This program aims to take individuals and organisations from where they are now, to where they want to get to; even if they aren’t sure where that might be just yet. Whether as a new or emerging President, GM or CEO; or as a grant writer; or simply a Motivated Individual with BIG HAIRY GOALS, our holistic coaching program is designed for you. If you’re keen to get in early for 2023, just book a call and we can chat.
2022 was a year for Awards! We’ve been honoured this year to be a Finalist in several national and local award programs, even travelling to Sydney for a fabulous gala event. Although we didn’t bring a trophy home, it’s pretty cool to know that we made it as a Finalist in several award programs that received over 3000 nominations each.
- Australian Small Business Champions Awards
- Australian Women’s Small Business Champions Awards
- AusMumpreneur Awards
- National Roar Awards
- Capalaba Rotary Service Awards.
I was particularly honoured to receive recognition from my local Redlands community as the winner of the CD Sutfield Award for Professionals in their Vocation in November – my first-ever Perpetual Trophy!
- Firstly, a big congratulations to CEO Darryl Steff from Down Syndrome QLD. It’s been our pleasure to work with Darryl for about 5 years now, supporting their funding applications and expansion. DSQ has had great success with major funding in the last few years and now Darryl is moving into a new role as CEO of Down Syndrome Australia! We wish him all the best for his new gig and we know he’s leaving DSQ in great shape for the next part of their service delivery journey.
- Thank you to the Wynnum Golf Club team led by GM Bernard Wilson, for putting their faith in us to help strategise an approach to their golf course upgrade. After a hiccup earlier in the year when an infrastructure round was cancelled (due to floods) before it closed, the club has now been granted almost full funding for their irrigation upgrade through a combination of Active Game Day and Brisbane City Council funding.
- The dynamo team from Redlands Baseball Club has also worked with us on a major upgrade of their safety fencing for their premier diamond. Combined Active Game Day and Redlands Council funding will ensure that players and spectators remain safe from wayward fly-balls now and well into the future.
- Speaking of ‘fly-balls’, if you want to check out the best sport on four-legs, take a look at Bayside Flyball Racing Club, co-located at Redlands Baseball Club. Their new gazebos, signage and professional race lights and gates are pretty swish, keeping dogs and their humans happy and making other clubs jealous!
- Start-up charity Stable Minds Equine Assisted Therapy in Burrum Heads/Maryborough is gaining rapid support in the community for their psychosocial program activities supporting people living with disability/mental health/PTSD and first-responder health. A GCBF grant and a series of smaller grants are allowing the Team to purchase a trailer, signage, shade, veterinary care and other important items to support their work. Check out their Facebook page and admire their beautiful therapy Clysdales and therapy donkeys!
Our office will be closed from 21 Dec 2022 to 16 Jan 2023.
This Xmas we have made a donation to the Small Steps 4 Hannah Foundation. Together we can act to end the cycle of domestic and family violence so that everyone can feel respected, informed, confident to act, and safe.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday and a bright and successful 2023!